Setup Custom Help
The custom help module allows you to document standard operating procedures. You may have a client that wants certain information in a specific field or to log in samples with different types of testing, separately. This can be great aide to new LIMS users or when a user is performing a task they are unfamiliar with.
The Custom Help Module uses a Rich Text Format field allowing you to copy, document text from Microsoft Word or other Rich Text Format applications, and paste the information while still retaining most formatting.
Creating a new custom help record:
- Select 'Setup' from the ribbon or the Main Menu.
- Click the 'Custom Help' button, located at the top far left column, to open the setup form.
- Choose the ‘New Record’ option, towards the top right of the screen.
- Pick a help topic from the drop down list and enter a title for the help record. (NOTE: When searching for help items both the topic and title are searched. To ensure you can easily find the record, key words should always be included in the title.)
- Enter your specific instructions in the ‘Help Field’ and click the exit door once you are finished. The record is saved automatically.
If needed, the standard limsExpress help documentation is available online at: http://limsexpress.com/ to allow for easy help updates. These help documents can be copied into the custom help area where they can be edited to meet your specific requirements.
limsExpress 2018 Support - Copyright 1993-2018 - Dynamic Databases, LLC - All Rights Reserved